Ticket Types and Prices
Beat the queues and book ahead online for fast-track entry and the best prices.
Historic Scotland members, Explorer Pass and Scottish Heritage Pass holders do not need to queue for a ticket; simply show your membership card or passes to castle staff at the scanning area to gain access.
English Heritage, Cadw and Manx members should go to Visitor Information for their entry ticket.
Last admission is 45 minutes before closing. For more information visit our opening times page.
Valid from Friday 30 March 2018 - Sunday 31 March 2019
|Adult (16 - 59 yrs)||£15.00|
|Child (5 - 15 yrs)||£9.00|
|Concession (60 yrs+ and unemployed)*||£12.00|
Valid from Monday 1 April 2019
Buy your tickets online in advance for the best prices
|Category||On-site price||Advance purchase price|
|Adult (16 - 59 yrs)||£16.00||£15.00|
|Child (5 - 15 yrs)||£9.60||£9.00|
|Concession (60 yrs+ and unemployed)*||£12.80||£12.00|
Admission prices are subject to change.
Children under 5 years old go free, all children 15 and under must be accompanied by an an adult.
Membership and passes
Members of English Heritage, CADW and Manx Heritage can enjoy a visit to the castle for half price in their first year and for free when they renew. Don’t forget to bring your membership cards.
* Proof of eligibility is required. Benefits include, Jobseeker's Allowance (applies to UK residents only and an ES40 form is required); ESA (formerly the Incapacity Benefit); and Universal Credit. The offer does not apply to students.
If you're visiting more than one of our properties or want free entry to over 70 of our heritage attractions throughout the year, take a look at our Explorer Pass or Membership.
Members enjoy unlimited year-round entry to 77 attractions. Find out more about how to become a member.
Pay only once and enjoy admission to Scotland's top visitor attractions, from as little as £24.00. Whether you're looking for a family day out or have an interest in Scottish History you'll find plenty to do at our properties thanks to the Explorer Pass.
- Visitors that require the assistance of a carer are asked to pay admission according to their age category. Carers accompanying visitors with disabilities will receive free admission.
- Serving members of the British Armed Forces receive free entry to Stirling Castle, Edinburgh Castle and Fort George. MOD90 Identification is required on arrival and applies to the cardholder only.
- Young Scot cardholders can receive £1 entry on general admission tickets during 2019 and 2020. Tickets can be bought online in advance or on arrival. Production of a valid Young Scot is required on arrival and applies to the cardholder only. For full terms and conditions, and to see where else Young Scot £1 entry applies, please visit the Young Scot website for more details.
- European Youth cardholders can receive a 10% discount on general admission tickets. Production of a valid European Youth card is required on arrival and applies to the cardholder only.