Stirling Castle tickets specify an entry time for visiting. You must arrive within this window of time, but you can stay until we close.
To guarantee entry on the date and at the time of your choice, you must buy your tickets online in advance. The best price for entry to the castle is online.
For the 9.30am and 11.15am slots, you must book tickets online at least a day in advance. All other time slots will need to be booked online at least 1.5 hours before the start time.
Valid until 31 March 2020
|Ticket type||Gate price||Online price|
|Adult (16 - 59 yrs)||£16.00||£15.00|
|Child (5 - 15 yrs)||£9.60||£9.00|
|Concession (60 yrs+ and unemployed)*||£12.80||£12.00|
Admission prices are subject to change. Children under 5 years old go free. Children must be accompanied by an adult.
* Proof of benefit may be requested at the checkpoint. The concession rate doesn’t apply to students.
Free and discounted admission
- Historic Scotland members, Explorer Pass and Scottish Heritage Pass holders are guaranteed entry and don’t need to wait in line for tickets. Just make your way to Portcullis Gate where a member of staff will scan your membership card or pass.
- English Heritage, Manx and Cadw members get half price entry in your first year and free entry for renewal and life members. Members should show their membership cards at Visitor Information to collect their entry tickets.
- Carers who accompany visitors with disabilities receive free entry. You must collect your carer admission ticket from Visitor Information.
- Current members of the British Armed Forces receive free entry on showing a valid MOD 90 card at the ticket office. This applies to the serving member only.
- Have a Young Scot card? Pay just £1 to visit the castle in 2020. You must show your valid Young Scot card on arrival.
- European Youth cardholders get a 10% discount on an admission ticket bought in person. A valid European Youth card must be shown.
Membership and Passes
Visiting more of our properties? Learn about the many benefits of Historic Scotland Membership and how our Explorer Pass works.